Young Professionals Program
Young Professionals pay a reduced fee for a full-symposium pass, which includes 4 days of keynotes, panels, breakout tracks, access to the exhibit hall, and all the networking events.
YPG Events at GEOINT 2016
USGIF Young Professionals Group: Experiencing M&A: Taking Your Startup to the Next Level
Monday, May 16
What is it like to follow the dream of owning your own business and to watch that dream become a reality as it grows into something brilliant? What happens next?
Join our panel of entrepreneurs as they share their experience of turning a dream into reality and how they made the decision to take their business to the next level through mergers and acquisitions.
- Moderator: Josh Hartman, USGIF Board of Directors and Managing Partner with Renaissance Strategic Advisors
- Omar Balkissoon, CEO & Co-Founder, OGSystems
- Shay Har-Noy, VP & General Manager, Platform, DigitalGlobe
- John Fenwick, Spacecraft Operations Manager, Google
Young Professionals Networking Reception
Tuesday, May 17
Join USGIF’s Young Professionals Group for an informal networking event to discuss the Symposium and to meet other young professionals.
YPG Outreach Activity
Wednesday, May 17
YPG will host 50 JROTC Cadets from Oakridge High School in Orlando, Fla.
Young Professionals Golden Ticket 2016
The Foundation selects up to 25 individuals to participate in this exclusive opportunity, which includes complimentary GEOINT Foreword and GEOINT Symposium registration as well as activities such as a mentoring luncheon, special exhibit hall briefings, and an invitation to the exclusive USGIF Chairman’s Reception.
And the Golden Ticket Winners are…
- Christina Ahler, Software Engineer, Harris Corp.
- Chris Behr, Systems Engineer, Vencore
- Aimee Benedict, Accenture Federal Services
- Chris Clasen, LiDAR Image Scientist, NGA
- David Cox, GIS Analyst, ASRC Federal Inuteq
- Kyle Dees, Layered Sensing Exploitation Analyst/Physical Scientist, U.S. Air Force
- Chris DeMay, Chief Operating Officer, HawkEye 360, Inc.
- Travis Dennis, National Government Sales, Esri
- Charlie Devine, 3D Geospatial Analyst, VRICON
- Shon Diaz, FMV SME, ISPA Technology, LLC
- Kara Goda, Business Operations Manager, Accenture Federal Services
- Lauren Hickman, Systems Engineer, Vencore
- Will Hubbard, NGA Analyst/Storyteller/Editor, TASC
- Carlos Jimenez, Analysis/Supervisor/Imagery Mission Supervisor/Geospatial Reports Editor, U.S. Air Force
- Jonathan McColgan, Senior Consultant, OGSystems
- KJ Meyer, Senior Associate, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Delia Midamba, Experinece Associate, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Brooklyn Middleton, Political and Security Risk Analyst, Riskline
- Danielle Murkerson, Software Engineer II, RadiantBlue
- Tori Pugliese, Geospatial Analysis Consultant, Deloitte
- Laura Sadlowski, Business Development Analyst, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- Charlotte Shabarekh, Director, Analytics, Modeling and Simulation Division, Aptima
- Kristen Smith, Business Development Solutions Analyst, USG, DigitalGlobe
- Melissa Soucie, Surveying Technician, Land Resource Consultants
- Jessica Thomas, Senior Consultant, OGSystems
- Amanda Ziemann, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory
This opportunity is only open to those 35-years-old and under or with five or less years of experience in the GEOINT Community. Applicants must fully participate in all program activities and attend the entire GEOINT 2016 Symposium, beginning Sunday, May 15, and ending the evening of Wednesday, May 18. The full young professionals’ program agenda will be available in April. Previous Golden Ticket recipients are not eligible for selection. Selected individuals will be responsible for their own travel and hotel accommodations.
Who is the YPG?
Developed in 2009 by young professionals, the USGIF Young Professionals Group (YPG) serves to unite junior GEOINT professionals within the Defense, Intelligence, and Homeland Security Communities or those with less than five years experience within the community. This group offers events and programs that parallel the Foundation’s mission of advancing the geospatial intelligence tradecraft by utilizing the unique dynamics of our young professional membership and their needs.